Breviary Challenge 2018

Hello! I have been away from blogging for a long time and here I am going back into it. If you haven't known yet. I learned how to pray the official prayer (Post-Vatican II) of the Catholic Church since 2012 when I had a 5 month experience of being an aspiring religious in initial formation. I entered the Capuchins as an aspirant and then chose to be accepted as a postulant after some weeks. As a good way to start a new Liturgical Year, I have though of creating a challenge to motivate me into praying more consistently.

For everyone's info, the Liturgy of the Hours or Divine Office is the official prayer of the Catholic Church. It has Psalms, Biblical Canticles, Hymns, Scriptural Readings and more. Many people have the idea that it is for the Clergy and the Religious. However, lay people are actually encouraged to pray at least a part of the cycle of prayers (Hours). There are even smartphone apps that help you pray. Even if you do not have the prayer books. I've had the one-volume Christian Prayer published by the Daughter's of St. Paul which I purchased before going to seminary. It is quite dilapidated but still usable. If you want to know more, you can easily find more information about the Liturgy of the Hours on the internet.

This was how I gave my breviary a makeover a months ago
Now some of you may ask on why I created a challenge for myself. To be honest, though I do know how to pray the Hours, I have never really prayed throughout an entire Liturgical Year. That is why I thought of challenging myself to commit into praying Lauds and Vespers at least on Sundays for this upcoming New Liturgical Year. If successful, I might challenge myself to pray daily for 2019.

View all Breviary Challenge 2018 updates here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Skype Classic is BACK. For now.

Pag-ibig nga ba?